THIS IS THE BLOG ON LEGENDARY MUSIC DIRECTORS SHANKAR-JAIKISHEN
FROM SHRI PRADEEP GUPTA A MEMBER OF shankarjaikishan group on Yahoo
A new thread of our beloved SHANKAR-JAIKISHAN’S success is going to tell us altogether a different story. Just look at the the fabulous record of their grand success:
1. SJ left an impact on the fraternity of music directors that several music directors like LP, RDB, KA, Usha Khanna, Nadeem Shravan and Anu Malik proudly declared them as their idols;
2. Film’s having SJ music got total 27 Film Fare Awards and 2 National Awards;
3. Mohd. Rafi got six Film Fare Awards out of which 3 were for SJ songs;
4. Mukesh got 4 Film Fare Awards out of which 3 were for SJ songs;
5. Manna Dey got his only Film Fare Award for SJ songs;
6. Hasrat, Shailendra, Neeraj got all their Film Fare Awards for SJ songs;
7. Asha Bhosle got maximum Film Fare Awards under the baton of SHANKAR-JAIKISHAN (RDB);
8. Manna Dey won National Awards twice, both times for SJ songs.
Non of the music composers mentioned hereabove and others as well could out perform them in terms of no. of awards they bagged. Just do the simple calculation. LP, KA, RDB gave music atleast twice the no. of movies done by the duo, but still they all are far behind of our beloved SJ. Even the younger generation, which claims ARR to have equalled SJ bagging nine FFA is in fact far behind of them in terms of their grandeur.
HARI ANANT HARI KATHA ANANTA.
With best regards.
Pradeep Kumar Gupta